Fall in North Carolina is a spectacular thing. You owe it to yourself to get out and enjoy it while it lasts – because this season never lasts long enough. When you’re in the mood to get outdoors and take in some of the state’s most breathtaking natural beauty, head to Crowders Mountain State Park for an afternoon of fresh air and fall’s finest sights.
There’s something for everyone at Crowders Mountain State Park, which encompasses a gorgeous expanse of forested land in Kings Mountain, North Carolina. Among the park’s biggest draws are challenging or pastoral hikes, panoramic views of the surrounding Piedmont, and towering cliffs. Take the park at your pace and enjoy its offerings, which include:
- From strenuous treks to peaceful strolls, you’ll hit your perfect stride along the 11 trails that meander throughout Crowders Mountain. Catch glimpses of native wildlife, circle the lake’s gravel path, or travel along wildflower-lined ridges on your exploration of the park’s miles worth of diverse trails.
- Settle in for a peaceful night’s rest in one of the park’s secluded campsites if you want to break your visit up into more than one day’s exploration.
- Picnic tables and public grills are scattered throughout the park to accommodate your alfresco meals in a beautiful wooded setting. Larger groups can make use of the two large picnic shelters with tables and grills on a first-come, first served basis.
- Rock Climbing. If you’re looking for more adventure than a basic hike can afford, take on the designated rock-climbing spots on Crowders Mountain.
- Fishing and Paddling: There is a 9-acre man-made lake that’s just begging for fishers and paddlers. Canoes are available for rent at the park office from spring through fall year-round. Fish for bass or bream from the banks of the lake or from a canoe in the middle of the water. Anglers need a North Carolina fishing license; swimming and private boats are not permitted.
You might also like: Find Your Fall Wardrobe When You Visit A Shelby Boutique
Another NC Gem: Renaldo Kia
If you’re in the market for a new Kia or a used car, truck, van, or SUV to get you to and from your Crowders Mountain State Park expeditions, you can’t pass up Renaldo Kia! We’re conveniently located in nearby Shelby, North Carolina, and have a well-stocked inventory of brand-new Kia models, plus a great selection of used vehicles from a number of different popular brands. Stop by our dealership on your way to or from your favorite state park and check out what we have to offer in the way of selection, service, and savings. You won’t be disappointed.